[squeak-dev] Re: [Squeak 4.0] A Couple of Methods (PLEASE REVIEW)

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sat Feb 27 15:35:18 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Ronald" == Ronald Spengler <ron.spengler at gmail.com> writes:

Ronald> Do these things block relicensing? If so, I'll address them. Most
Ronald> likely I would rip those methods out. 4.0 only needs to work well
Ronald> enough to fix, if you think about it. It's neither a quality release
Ronald> nor a feature release. It's a freedom release. If these things don't
Ronald> impede relicensing, they're outside the scope of 4.0.

+1

Exactly what we need to stay focussed on.

The point of 4.0 is to acknowledge a clean license, which will let
us come under the guidance and protection and resources of the SFC.

Squeak will finally move out of its parents basement, and into an apartment of
its own. :)

Once we have the solid base, 4.1 will come quickly after to ensure that
the progress made in the past year is in the hands of new users.