[squeak-dev] Re: 0006721: Identity dictionarys sometimes can't find their keys

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 28 07:13:45 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I could use some help getting some crucial tests into trunk.

The patches are in the mantis report of the title.
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6721

The ill hashed dictionaries have been detected in Fun Squeak.

I am worried that there is something in the main image that causes conditions to occur so that dictionaries are not rehashed when needed.

The problem is that a mis-hashed dictionary will show up only as other symptoms. Code that seemingly doesn't work as expected. Without a ready test to run tracking it back to the true problem is difficult.

I have no MC skills so I am asking for someone to take over harvesting from the report.

Thank you in advance.