[squeak-dev] Trivial questions?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Jan 1 06:35:04 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 09:59:17PM -0500, Stephen Pair wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Colin Putney <cputney at wiresong.ca> wrote:
>
> > David didn't understand the question because data migration is generally a
> > non-issue in Smalltalk.
> >

> I love this!  I never tire of hearing about problems in other systems that
> simply don't exist in Smalltalk (and which a Smalltalker often can't even
> contemplate), or which are so elegantly dealt with that you don't even think
> about them ...and I hear them all the time!

Hello Stephen,

What an odd coincidence that you should happen to reply to this thread.
It just happens that earlier today I was trying to collect various
archival versions of SystemTracer in hopes of collecting it into a
Monticello archive and bringing it up to date with the latest 64-bit
image tracing changes. I was not able to locate a copy of your
SystemTracer2.sar, which is referenced from SqueakMap:
  http://people.advantive.com/~spair/squeak/SystemTracer2.sar

If you happen to have a copy sitting around on a floppy disk or
some such thing, I'd appreciate very much if you could send it
to me (or reply to this list). Also, it seems that having things
like this be MIT licensed is considered a good thing in some circles,
so you are able to release your work as MIT licensed, please
mention that for the record.

Thanks!

Dave