[squeak-dev] Re: DNU on processing update-ar101.mcm

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sat Jan 2 17:30:33 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Andreas" == Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> writes:

Andreas> Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
MCDiffyVersion> baseSnapshot
>> is trying to send "nil snapshot".
>> Oops?

Andreas> I thought that Monticello-nice.342.mcz had taken care of that:

Well, I'm reporting what happens, in hopes that it rings a bell.

Andreas> Generally, when something like this happens, it's a good idea to open an MC
Andreas> browser do a "flush cached versions" and try again. Most times it'll just work.

So, some of the files on my hard drive should be removed before updating?
If this is true, why isn't this done automatically?

As in "load code updates" should automatically do "flush cached versions" as a
matter of policy, if it'll help naive people move forward.