[squeak-dev] Etoys package now (un|re)loadable

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Jan 4 00:34:09 UTC 2010

Folks -

I finished the first round on making Etoys package reloadable in trunk.
In the process I did a few changes including:
- Folded FlexibleVocabularies into Etoys package
- Removed support for the Fabrik remnants
- Removed support for tiles-in-tools
If anyone cares deeply about the latter two features we can restore them
but I was more concerned to get a first round of Etoys reloading going.

The result is that you can indeed unload and reload Etoys alongside the
other packages with no Undeclareds and no obsolete behaviors (although
there are a few more cleanup steps to be added before all obsolete
behaviors are gone so you'll likely end up with a few if you try my old
script). You will also get a few errors if you use various actions from
halo or during menu creation once you've got Etoys unloaded but like I
said this is just a step.

In any case, everything will continue to work fine after reloading,
which is the real goal here.

Cheers,
   - Andreas