[squeak-dev] Etoys package now (un|re)loadable

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Jan 4 00:59:56 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 04, 2010 at 01:34:09AM +0100, Andreas Raab wrote:
> Folks -
>
> I finished the first round on making Etoys package reloadable in trunk.

> In any case, everything will continue to work fine after reloading,
> which is the real goal here.

Absolutely great!

This reminds me - I recall some discussion a while back about
getting Squeak to the point where it can more effectively support
the latest EToys. I think that Bert had mentioned a road map
document on how to bring EToys and Squeak back together again.
Can someone refresh my memory or send a link to that posting?

I know there will be a lot of work to get up to date with the
EToys/OLPC development, and conversely to make the latest Squeak
improvements available to projects like EToys. But it seems now
to be realistic and achievable, more so every day.

I think that it is worth noting that the formal (funded R&D)
support for EToys and OLPC seems to be reaching a natural end
point, and it will be up to all of us in the Squeak community
to pitch in and help carry the work forward.

Dave