[squeak-dev] Re: Package unload status

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Jan 5 23:50:53 UTC 2010

Juan Vuletich wrote:
> BTW, in Cuis, Morph will eventually have a lot less than 500 methods. I
> hope to get to about 200.

Very nice. It's extremely valuable to have someone with a real interest
in making things smaller. Coincidentally, I'm quite okay with the idea
that Cuis will always have a smaller image than a core Squeak image
would be. I think the important part is to have reasonable compatibility
betweeen the two. I want compatible kernel interfaces, compatible
collection libraries, compatible morph protocols. In other words,
anything built for Cuis should run on top of Squeak without changes.

Cheers,
   - Andreas