[squeak-dev] Re: New trunk server

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 17:59:09 UTC 2010

Hi Levente,
what about completely ignoring line endings in diffs ?

split: aString
	"I return an Array of strings which are the lines extracted from
aString. All lines contain the line separator characters"

	^Array streamContents: [ :stream |
		aString lineIndicesDo: [ :start :endWithoutSeparators :end |
			stream nextPut: (aString copyFrom: start to: endWithoutSeparators) ] ]

or simply

split: aString
	"I return an Array of strings which are the lines extracted from
aString. All lines contain the line separator characters"

	^Array streamContents: [ :stream |
		aString linesDo: [ :aLineWithoutEnding |
			stream nextPut: aLineWithoutEnding ] ]

Nicolas