[squeak-dev] CouchDB was: MySQL question?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 23:40:11 UTC 2010

2010/1/12 Mike Hales <mike.hales at kscape.com>:

>> Or use better DB - CouchDB ;)
>>
> Igor, I noticed your CouchDB library on SqueakSource, but browsing from the
> web interface it looked like a fork of the JSON libraries and I couldn't
> quite tell what was going on. What is the status of this? Is it done and is
> there a tutorial?

I forked the JSON library to not interfere with existing one.
My main point of displeasure with original, is that JsonObject using a
collection
of key/value pairs , held in OrderedCollection,
while in my implementation a JsonObject is a subclass of Dictionary,
which makes accessing properties much faster.

Also, an original CouchDB package (http://www.squeaksource.com/CouchDB)
using a curl plugin for speaking with database.
While my implementation using a sockets, provided by squeak, which allows me
to read the data in streaming mode, so i could start parsing a json
document, even
if its not fully retrieved yet i.e.:

stream := (db streaming documentAt: '12345') readStream.
json := Json readFrom: stream.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.