[squeak-dev] Re: MySQL question?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 21:42:29 UTC 2010

The biggest problem I found with the ODBC driver for Squeak is that it uses
FFI and it locks the complete VM during the function invocation. In ODBC,
queries are synchronous, so, if you have a website with multipleusers, and
someone sends a query, it is likely the complete vm will be locked until it
finishes.

You can see what I am talking about in my slides:
http://www.slideshare.net/esug/squeak-dbx

There I compare both drivers. I am not an ODBC expert, so if someone think
that that's incorrect, please let me know.

Cheers

Mariano