[squeak-dev] MPEG movies and yore 2

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Jan 14 01:52:53 UTC 2010

Time is better spent porting the movie logic from Sophie to Squeak.
I doubt the mpeg player will be offered for 64bit squeak.

Sophie uses quicktime to play video/audio.  Works very very well.
Most windows machines have quicktime on them as a side effect of the user's desire to run iTunes.

Linux boxs. Well there are quicktime *clones*, one could figure it out.

The Sophie abstraction *does* grind it way thru different solutions for audio/video if quicktime is not there,

John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:  squeaker68882