[squeak-dev] Time for a new election in squeak.org soon

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Thu Jan 14 09:19:11 UTC 2010

Hi all!

This is a post to the Squeak election-list, but I am CCing to squeak-dev
AND pharo (just to keep you guys in the loop).

NOTE: If you reply to this post, no need to harass the pharo list with
the actual thread, let's keep that on squeak-dev/election-list.

Ken Causey wrote (on the election list):
> It's coming up another Squeak Oversight Board election season.
> There's a bit of time yet but if you have any thoughts of making any
> significant changes this year, it's time to get started on that.

Yeah, I know. :) I haven't had the energy to get it all going yet...

Community check:

- Are there any "ideas" about changes to the election process?

- Are we satisfied with how it all works or are there things we need to
address?

- Does the SOB have any thoughts on it (although of course partial to
the issue)?

This was last year:

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6116

...the first post usually explains how it works:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2009-February/133840.html

regards Göran

PS. I still consider Pharo and Squeak to be highly intertwined
communities so input from Pharons/Pharaos/Pharooosies/p... ah, what are
you guys called? :) ...is also welcome.