[squeak-dev] Re: SqueakDBX installation questions (problems)?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 15:59:07 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 4:53 PM, John Chludzinski <
john.chludzinski at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have the following dll's in my bin folder (along with Croquet.exe):
>
> libopendbx-1.dll
> libmysqlbackend-1.dll
>
> And I still have the problem?

Yes. Those are opendbx libraries. For a better architecture you have one dll
for the opendbx "core" and one more per each backend you use. This is cool
if you have more than one backend. However, when you compile form scratch,
you can put both dlls in a single one. Maybe this is a good idea. And I can
upload a single lib per backend..

But anyway, that's NOT enough. You need the dlls from mysql. You need to
install the MySQL client libraries. In Ubuntu/Debian is just  sudo apt-get
install mysql-client  and in windows you have to install the client
libraries if you haven't already installed. To do that, you have to install
the link I already sent you.

Ask me if you have further questions.

Cheers

Mariano