[squeak-dev] Re: [BUG][FIX][FIX], was: (Re: Re: Flaw in SocketStream>>peek detected)

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Fri Jan 15 08:32:10 UTC 2010

Hi!

Andreas Raab wrote:
> This would suppress all timeouts unless shouldSignal is true. BTW, I've
> never seen a case where I've been using a non-signaling socket stream.
> Does that case even exist?

Not really, IIRC I enabled that option only in order to be COMPLETELY
backwards compatible with the old SocketStream implementation stemming
from Bolot Kerimbaev.

Using a non signalling SocketStream is IIRC a bit edgy too - I think
there are cases which the code really does not know how to handle.

Btw, anyone know what happened to Bolot?

regards, Göran