[squeak-dev] Re: Seaside + TDD

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Wed Jan 20 15:43:00 UTC 2010

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Chris Cunnington wrote:
>> I may be wrong, but I think you're asking the wrong people. And I don't
>> know if you're aware, but your stepping into the widening gap between Pharo
>> and Squeak.
>> I think the answer to your question is either/or. Either you use 2.8 and
>> the existing tools, or go to the Seaside and Pharo boards and ask about
>> what the best set of tools are TDD in 3.0, which works in Pharo, but not in
>> Squeak (at the moment).
>
> I'm pretty sure you're wrong, but in case you'd found stuff that doesn't work
> in Squeak, a heads-up on the issues you've encountered would be appreciated.

Sooner or later we will have to create our own Grease-Squeak-Core, because
Dictionary is not a subclass of Set. So two extension methods
(#restoreFromSnapshot: and #snapshotCopy) will have to be moved from Set
to HashedCollection.
Or we may use another package which just adds these methods, this way we
don't have to fork the whole Grease-Pharo-Core package for two methods.

Levente