[squeak-dev] Re: [Cuis] Cuis

keith keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 21 23:10:50 UTC 2010

>> Very good. Is it the same simpler traits as pharo?
>

> What's your point?

I write and maintain packages for users in both squeak and pharo,
surely my point is obvious, I don't want extra work, and I dont want
to have to maintain separate code bases.	 I was just hoping for a
simple answer, "yes" would be good. I wasn't being cynical, I was just
interested to know.

>  I responded to your false statement that the process "can only
> build a monolithic image".  I'm not talking about cross-fork
> compatibility here.

I can unload packages from any image with Sake/Packages, I dont need
the trunk process for that, but lets see your process build an image
without Monticello, or with Morphic3, or Rio instead of FileDirectory.

Basically you are not able to offer anything fundamentally different
from what has gone before, I don't want File/Directory in my image I
hate it with a passion. My entire motivation for hacking the core in
the first place is to get rid of FileDirectory.

"Fail to plan plan to fail", I think the saying goes.

Keith