[squeak-dev] Re: [Cuis] Cuis

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 08:25:32 UTC 2010

Hi Andreas,

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
>> interesting, thanks; but these are all Squeak-ish in some ways. Is
>> there a statistics facility for such questions on SourceForge? Going
>> to look ...
>
> Dunno. The only other thing I saw was about Linux kernel development here:
>
> https://www.linuxfoundation.org/publications/linuxkerneldevelopment.php
>
> But these numbers are so out there that they're not comparable. I mean 700+
> developers from 90+ companies :-)

right ... well, I've just sat down with two students and found some
numbers for Rails and Ruby. The Rails numbers were determined from the
git repository, so they have to be taken with one or more grains of
salt; the Ruby numbers are from SVN.

Following the 80 % rule, the Rails community consists of 12
individuals, and so does the Ruby community.

I never thought those communities were *so* small given the relevance
of Rails and Ruby. Wow.

Please forgive the irony,

Michael