[squeak-dev] waveplace haiti update

Timothy Falconer teefal at squeakland.org
Fri Jan 22 16:37:11 UTC 2010

Hi all, Tim Falconer from Waveplace & Squeakland. Just a quick update to let everyone know that the schools and kids from our two Haitian pilots, and the upcoming one in Matanwa, are all alive and safe for now. The building in Petit-Riviere was spared, and luckily the Port-Au-Prince children were moved to the new facility in Williamson just prior to the earthquake.

Our chief mentor, Bill Stelzer, is in Port-Au-Prince now . . he's helping with the schools and filming. He & Suzie have been on CNN twice in the last two days (http://haitichildren.org).

I'm now in Cambridge MA in talks with MIT and OLPC.  A plan is forming, which we'll be announcing soon.  Many thanks for all the kind words from everyone!

Take care,
Tim
--
Timothy Falconer