[squeak-dev] Brave New World

keith keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 23 20:36:42 UTC 2010

> No, we already have a distributed SCM.  It's called Monticello, and
> it works EXACTLY like git, mercurial, and bazaar.  You are proposing
> something else.

CVS is a distributed SCM, when you check in you have to be online to
do it. With Monticello, when you check in you have to be online to do
it. Monticello does not work like mercurial or bzr, unless you set up
a local repository. Or apparently Gofer allows you to move resources
locally if you want to. MC1.5 has a copy all function as well.

Mercurial, and Bzr, dont use centralized servers, so when you check
out you get the entire tree and history, for yourself, so you can work
on the train. When you have finished your work on the train you can
push back to the centralised repository if you want to.

Keith