[squeak-dev] Brave New World

keith keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 23 20:39:08 UTC 2010

> Eliot wrote:
>> I suggest you do need to see http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/clay_shirky_on_institutions_versus_collaboration.html
>>  and think about its implications.
>

> and it seems to me you've only seen the surface.  Of course we're
> moving from institutional to collaborative modes of interaction.
> This community already has.  The underlying implications that you've
> missed are (for me, there are probably others)

The implication you have missed is that we discussed this 3 years ago,
that we wanted the NON INSTITUTIONAL APPROACH. That is what the bob
process was developed for.

Andreas then used the institution to IMPOSE his will, and instituted
trunk, so we have regressed back to the institution dictating how
development is done.

Keith