[squeak-dev] Brave New World

keith keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 24 20:00:20 UTC 2010

> BTW, now that we've agreed that it doesn't matter, do you concede
> the point that Monticello is substantially like git/mercurial/bazaar
> from a technical perspective, even if we're not using it in the way
> that the Mercurial folks advocate?  ;-)

No because if it were true, firstly Gofer would never have been
developed.

We are not talking about the ability to work locally if you want to.
We are talking about having all of the history of (in my case) some
60+ packages from different sources, locally, and providing a non-
manual resync back to base when you get back on line again.

You can use "MC1.5's copy all (forked)", to grab the whole history of
a package and keep it locally. if you want to, but that isnt really
how the tool is designed to be used.

Keith