[squeak-dev] Brave New World

keith keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 25 16:31:17 UTC 2010

> ... and thanks again.
>
> One thing that strikes me about this is that it is agnostic about
> how the fixed-point images are built.

The fixed point images need to be built, by a process which applies to
the previous fixed point.

So that a fork which was made from the previous fixed point, can
cherry pick from, and apply that process too.

The more that separate forks pick ideas from other forks, the more
they have in common.

Basically to use the knowledge that is in trunk, you will have to
analyse it and sort it into separate useful innovations and ideas, and
publish them as separate changesets.

Ironically, most of those innovations could have started of as
separate changesets in the first place. Am I making sense?

Keith