[squeak-dev] Re: Cryptography
C. David Shaffer
cdshaffer at acm.org
Fri Jul 2 19:21:19 UTC 2010
I'm calling Cryptography-rww.16 the "trunk" version. The only branch
that has changes that aren't in the trunk looks like the "cmm" branch.
Below is a summary of the change logs from that branch. It started from
RJT.6 and moved linearly to cmm.13.
Among these changes are:
1) cmm.12 which fixed an Undelcared var and needs to be applied to the trunk
2) cmm.11 which drops extensions to ThirtyTwoBitRegister which were
absorbed in Squeak3.11 and are also present in 4.1. Do we want to
continue to include them in Cryptography package? My suggestion is to
move them from Cryptography to CryptoThirtyTwoBitRegisterExtensions
which will only be loaded in pre-Squeak3.11 images. I don't know
anything about Metacello yet but maybe we can make it smart enough to
load these in older images.
3) cmm.8 contains #destroy in ElGamalKeyGenerator and String which are
not in trunk. The only user of the former is DiffieHellman which
provides no path to send destroy to the generator unless it is sent by a
third party (df generator destroy). Methods are untested.
4) cmm.9 which adds a species check in ASN1Object>>=. This change is
not in the trunk but there are no tests that fail as a result of its
absence. Chris: do you remember your motivation for adding this?
For now I'll fix "1" and await feedback on others.
Summary of cmm branch changes:
cmm.7 changes: ****not in trunk
- Added ElGamalKeyGenerator>>#destroy to clean-up in-memory secrets.
- Removed faulty optimization of Fortuna>>#nextInt:. Now inherits
slower but correct one from superclass.
cmm.8 changes: ****not in trunk
- Added String>>#destroy and HashFunction class>>#doubleHashMessage:.
cmm.9 changes: ****not in trunk
- Fix for ASN1Object>>#=.
cmm.10 changes: **** fixed in trunk
- Fixed syntax error in SHA1>>#hashInteger:seed:.
cmm.11 changes: **** not in trunk
- For Squeak 3.11. Removed methods from ThirtyTwoBitRegister which
3.11 absorbed. This allows this package to load into 3.11 without
causing a dirty System package.
cmm.12 changes: **** not in trunk --- NEEDS TO BE DONE IN TRUNK
- Removed methods referring to old 'Picker' classVar. It was
changed to a class-inst var.
Note: class-inst var is in RandomGenerator
cmm.13 changes: At least partially in trunk. Too many changes to verify
but most seem to have been converted in trunk.
More information about the Squeak-dev