[squeak-dev] Re: [Cryptography Team] Cryptography: plugins

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Mon Jul 5 23:45:21 UTC 2010

On Mon, 5 Jul 2010, C. David Shaffer wrote:

> The Cryptography package (at one point) contained the following classes
> which extend "plugin" related classes which are not part of the typical
> squeak image btw, typical = used by me :-)
>
> DESPlugin (subclass of InterpreterPlugin)
> DSAPlugin (subclass of InterpreterPlugin)
> MD5Plugin (subclass of SmartSyntaxInterpreterPlugin)
>
> These seem to have been dropped from various forks and the trunk
> probably because the publisher (including me) did not have the
> appropriate superclasses loaded when we loaded Cryptography.  The latest
> versions were available in mtf.13.  So:
>
> 1) Are these plugins to be maintained as part of Cryptography? or
> somewhere else?
> 2) If "yes" to 1, can I move them to a separate Monticello package?

The Cryptography package is already oversized, moving the plugin code to a
separate package is definitely a good idea.
Btw, if you're merging forks, consider merging my packages which never
made it to squeaksource: http://leves.web.elte.hu/cryptography/ . Details
are in the log messages and here:
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/cryptography/2008-March/000569.html