[squeak-dev] WIndow colour bug in 4.1

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 21:20:18 UTC 2010

Hi All,

    I've hit an annoying bug that I know someone who understands the system
can either fix far faster than me or tell me what to fix far faster than I
can root around trying to figure out.

1. open a window with a color preference such as a Browser.
2. set its window color to something nice and bright and colourful via the
"window color..." menu pick on the blue window menu.
3. open Preferences, go to the window colour preference (e.g.
browserWindowColor), click the window colour picker and choose the colour
you gave to the window in step 2 from the border of the window opened in
step 1.
4. open another instance of the window

Its colour will not be that chosen in step 3.  Instead it will be a darker
murkier version, I guess because of the gradient fill in SystemWindow not
being taken into consideration.  So how to fix this?

best
Eliot