[squeak-dev] WIndow colour bug in 4.1

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Tue Jul 6 23:00:41 UTC 2010

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>    I've hit an annoying bug that I know someone who understands the system
> can either fix far faster than me or tell me what to fix far faster than I
> can root around trying to figure out.
>
> 1. open a window with a color preference such as a Browser.
> 2. set its window color to something nice and bright and colourful via the
> "window color..." menu pick on the blue window menu.
> 3. open Preferences, go to the window colour preference (e.g.
> browserWindowColor), click the window colour picker and choose the colour
> you gave to the window in step 2 from the border of the window opened in
> step 1.
> 4. open another instance of the window
>
> Its colour will not be that chosen in step 3.  Instead it will be a darker
> murkier version, I guess because of the gradient fill in SystemWindow not
> being taken into consideration.  So how to fix this?

There are (at least) two places where the default color is changed. One of
them is SystemWindow >> #paneColor. It gets the color from the preference,
then makes it #duller if it's not white or yellow.
The other is SystemWindow >> #setStripeColorsFrom:. It passes a #duller
color for the gradient fill, even when the window is active.

Levente