[squeak-dev] Re: [Vm-dev] Cryptography in the main image and Plugins build for the VMs

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Jul 9 02:26:46 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 05:07:29AM -0400, Rob Withers wrote:

<snip>

> Along the same lines, it would be a great help for the vm providers to
> include the CryptographyPlugins when they build a new vm.  I believe there
> are 3 plugins and they really ought to be build internally, since they are
> unchanging.

Hi Rob,

With respect to the plugins (and I know this was discussed in earlier
emails) can you please provide a link to the SqueakSource repository for
the three plugins? We can add this to the VMMaker configuration map and
to ConfigurationOfVMMaker so they will be easily loaded into VM development
images.

Assuming no legal issues, I would expect that the plugins can be included
in future VM builds without difficulty (at the discretion of the platform
maintainers of course). BTW, don't worry about internal versus external,
that's a packaging issue, and if there is any concern about legal issues
(real or imagined) it will probably be best to make them external modules
for the benefit of folks who may be concerned about such things.

Thanks,
Dave