[squeak-dev] Re: [Vm-dev] Cryptography in the main image and Plugins build for the VMs

Miguel Enrique Cobá Martínez miguel.coba at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 15:10:06 UTC 2010

El jue, 08-07-2010 a las 16:50 -0700, Steve Wart escribió:
> Given that cryptography still faces export restrictions, would this
> cause problems for OSS distributions that want to include Squeak?

This is not true. Every linux distro comes with strong security. Nobody
cares about export restrictions. I have downloaded from kernel.org that
is located in USA. No problem.

But if that is your concern, then you only need to put the cryptography
package in a server outside the USA (Europe would be fine) and problem
solved.

But, that export restrictions are a problem that was solved a decade
ago.

Cheers

--
Miguel Cobá