[squeak-dev] Re: Nuking OldSocket, OldSimpleClientSocket and HTTPSocket

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Jul 12 08:27:36 UTC 2010

On 7/12/2010 12:03 AM, Enrico Spinielli wrote:
> I retried my initialization for web
>
>     HTTPSocket useProxyServerNamed: 'xyz.zy.yz.zyx' port: xyzy
>     proxyUser: 'xxx' password: 'yyyyyyy'.
>     HTTPSocket httpShowGif:
>     'http://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/images/logo.gif'.
>
> but it now fails.
>
> Do I have to download .mcz manually from squeak source? Any hints?

That's the expected behavior at this point - the support for
authenticating proxies went out of the window in the simple default
HTTPSocket implementation. You should be able to reinstate it by loading
the latest version of WebClient from
http://www.squeaksource.com/Webclient (you may need to have to download
it through a webbrowser).

Please try it and let me know if that works.

Cheers,
   - Andreas