[squeak-dev] [Offtopic] Self 4.4 released

Russell Allen mail at russell-allen.com
Fri Jul 16 04:49:08 UTC 2010

Hi Subbu,

No you didn't miss anything - the binary will run happily anywhere.

INSTALL is just a helper script to put the vm in your path so that you can then directly run snapshots.

If you look at a snapshot in a text editor you will see that it starts with a #! string. If you have the Self vm on your path and chmod Clean-4.4.snap to make it executable you can then run the snapshot directly rather than having to do "Self -s snapshotname".

Cheers, Russell