[squeak-dev] Headless Linux squeak running max cpu

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sun Jul 18 23:22:26 UTC 2010

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010, Rob Withers wrote:

> Ok, I am setting up.  Why disable "allow remote connections"?  I will run
> this on a linux server and use RealVNC from my home machine.  Won't that
> represent a remote connection to squeak's server?

The communication between the client and the server is not encrypted. So
you'll want to tunnel your tcp connection through ssh to encrypt it.
Therefore you don't need remote connections, because sshd will connect
from localhost.
The best is to filter out all incoming packets to the rfb's tcp port from
interfaces other than localhost with iptables or whatever you use.

Levente