Cryptography plugins (was: Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Cog bugs (was Re: Cog on linux)

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Tue Jul 20 23:45:13 UTC 2010

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010, C. David Shaffer wrote:

> On 07/14/10 21:53, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
>> [snip]
>> That's really strange, because I succesfully built Cog on Ubuntu 10.4
>> and it works fine. Today I even managed to compile the plugin for FFI
>> and Alien (thought none of them works :)) and the UUIDPlugin. I also
>> fixed the cryptography plugins, those work well (at least the tests
>> pass).
>> Back to your problem: after compiling I only have vm-display-X11, but
>> no vm-display-X11.so. Are you sure you're not mixing the files/VMMaker
>> of the CogVM and the SqueakVM?
>> Levente
>
> Can you send me your Crypto plugin fixes so I can merge them into
> squeaksource?  Thanks!

I uploaded it to
http://leves.web.elte.hu/cryptography/CryptographyPlugins-ul.2.mcz
. I think the current VMMaker for SqueakVM support pragma declarations,
but I'm not sure. If it doesn't, then some changes will have to be
reverted. The VMMaker of CogVM is unhappy with the old message-style
declarations (#var:type: #var:declareC: #export: etc.).

Levente