[squeak-dev] WebClient + SqueakSSL = https

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Jul 26 00:08:27 UTC 2010

Folks -

I've added the first round of https support for WebClient and I'm
looking for beta testers / feedback. In particular if you're set up
using (authenticating) proxies I'm curious whether WebClient behaves
correctly. Assuming you've set up your Squeak environment, all you need
is to:

* Install the SqueakSSL plugin:
   http://squeakvm.org/win32/release/SqueakSSL.zip

* Install SqueakSSL:
   (Installer ss)
       project: 'SqueakSSL';
       install: 'SqueakSSL-Core';
       install: 'SqueakSSL-Tests'.

* Install WebClient:
   (Installer ss)
       project: 'WebClient';
       install: 'WebClient-Core';
       install: 'WebClient-Tests';
       install: 'WebClient-Help'.

Once installed, you can use the following to test SqueakSSL:

   WebClient httpGet: 'https://www.google.com/search?q=squeak'.

If this works everything is set up properly. If you encounter any
problems accessing your favorite SSL sites, let me know.

Cheers,
   - Andreas