[squeak-dev] Re: WebClient + SqueakSSL = https

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Jul 26 03:28:34 UTC 2010

On 7/25/2010 7:55 PM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
> It works for me, but I always get 'Invalid certificate' error, even for
> google.com. #certState is always 1 (generic error). If I just ignore the
> error, everything is fine. Is there a way to debug it?
> (Ubuntu 8.04 x86_64 CogVM)

Interesting. I suspect it's something in OpenSSL plugin code. The thing
to try is to to change SecureSocketStream>>sslConnect from:

	squeakSSL := SqueakSSL new.

to the following:

	squeakSSL := SqueakSSL new.

	"Logs extra info stdout"
	squeakSSL logLevel: 1.

You should be getting a bunch of console output as a result which should
prove helpful.

Also, you might try to see whether going directly to
encrypted.google.com makes a difference (the https request to
www.google.com is first redirected to encrypted.google.com and perhaps
the problem is somewhere in the redirect handling):

	WebClient httpGet: 'https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=squeak'.

Cheers,
   - Andreas