[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] DnsClient: More protocol fun

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Jul 28 03:56:01 UTC 2010

On 7/27/2010 1:48 AM, Frank Shearar wrote:
>>> The attached OUGHT to do it. I don't know of any public servers that
>>> user NAPTR *cough* and I'd need to look up local names to properly test
>>> against my local test setup.
>>
>> Yes, I'll try to implement the primitive on Windows sometime soon.
>
> I'll definitely try it out when you've had a go.

Give it a shot. I made a quick respin of the VM available as 4.1.1 which
includes a (rather cheap) version of the dns info primitive so if you
download the VM from:

http://squeakvm.org/win32/release/SqueakVM-Win32-4.1.1-bin.zip

and then fetch the latest version of DnsClient:

(Installer ss project: 'ar')
	install: 'DnsClient-Core';
	install: 'DnsClient-Tests';
	install: 'DnsClient-Hacks'.

You should be good to go. Anyone else who has got some time to spare I'd
be interesting to find out if the data returned by "DnsClient default
dnsInfo" is correct when compared with, e.g., ipconfig /all.

Cheers,
   - Andreas