[squeak-dev] SIP stack (was [ANN] DnsClient: More protocol fun)

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Wed Jul 28 07:49:12 UTC 2010

A SIP stack is a non-trivial amount of work to implement. Several
man-years to get a basic stack working (at least, when you're me). (I
wrote mine in Delphi.)

It's an intricate protocol. I think it's a very _abstract_ protocol,
designed to be as open-ended as possible, which is why, IMO at least,
it's such a beast. But then, when it's implemented and rolled out to
devices with nothing but firmware, it's hard to change your mind.

I think the only thing that seriously makes me froth at the gills is
that both RFC 2543 (the old SIP) and RFC 3261 (the new SIP) BOTH use
"SIP/2.0" as protocol identifiers.

frank