[squeak-dev] Re: Bootstrap logic in recent Tweak-Core (?)

Nikolay Suslov nsuslovi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 09:53:21 UTC 2010

Andreas,

I am trying to get an old pure Croquet 1.0.18 code working on the latest
Squeak 4.1 image.

So,  loading the latest FFI, CroquetGL, Tweak-Core, Matthew's Croquet-Kernel
changes , and almost all code from an old Croquet-1.0.18 image, I managed
finally to run the demos, yes!
But, the demos like SimpleDemo or KATDemo uses Tweak and it's bootstrap
logic for initialization.

I have prepared an image to try (based on updated Squeak4.2-10160-alpha):
http://www.krestianstvo.ru/sdk/Croquet-Squeak4.1-image.zip
and "image with all needed content":
http://www.krestianstvo.ru/sdk/CroquetSDK-1.0.18-Squeak4.1.zip

To run into the error, you should uncomment "self runTweakCycle, in #step
(CroquetParticipantWithMenu).

I know that Matthew is using the new Tweak logic for getting Open Cobalt to
work, but the idea is to have an old bootstrap code also working, as it
should be and have a backward compatibility.

Is it possible to achieve?

Thanks,
Nikolay