[squeak-dev] [ANN] Magma 1.1r2

Miguel Enrique Cobá Martínez miguel.coba at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 07:52:02 UTC 2010

Premature send

El jue, 29-07-2010 a las 18:55 -0500, Chris Muller escribió:
> I am pleased to announce a new release of Magma containing my updates
> since 1.1r1:

- All underscore assignments have now been updated to ANSI assignments.

Very Good!

>   'Ma files additions-cmm.13.mcz'.

This is a new package. What other package depends on it?

> These package versions are available in the "MagmaTester" project of
> squeaksource.com.

Why on MagmaTester? I thought that for released versions, they were
always on Magma repository and that MagmaTester was for your beta and
not released yet versions, isn't that true anymore?

In repository squeaksource.com/WriteBarrier, there are packages:

WriteBarrier-tbn.28.mcz
WriteBarrier-cmm.27.mcz

Then in MagmaTester repository there is

WriteBarrier-cmm.28.mcz

and in Magma there is

WriteBarrier-pmm.26.mcz

So I don't understand either, what is the policy here. Is the package
modified, and pushed to the original repo (WriteBarrier) and *then*
copied to MagmaTester and Magma or

Is the package modified in your MagmaTester repo and when finished,
copied to original repo (WriteBarrier) and releases repo (Magma)

I have prepared an update to the configuration of Magma for 1.1r2 with
the preferences corrected but I would like to have all the packages in
WriteBarrier and in Magma (that I consider the releases repositories, or
at least, everything on Magma so that the configuration doesn't refer to
MagmaTester altogether). What do you think?

Cheers and thanks for your work.
--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx