[squeak-dev] Re: Image Management

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 22:01:23 UTC 2010

Andreas: thank you.

Interesting! The fileIndex part wouldn't have been obvious to me, even though it makes enough sense.

I wonder: am I experiencing a new (ish) problem?

One of the things that's fascinated me over the past year is that Squeak has really fantastic tools for solo development, which scale up really well to a small team (read: researchers,) but don't seem to be convenient in the context of a larger, distributed group of people working asynchronously on different things.

Have other people also had the "where are my changes/the changes from Trunk scroll forever" problem?

Given, if I'd been checking in with MC, I might not have this issue. But working in multiple images (especially when they differ by major versions) usually means multiple MC repos, so...

I'm going to add a method on SystemNavigation (and stick it in a menu) that does something like what Andreas has suggested to my personal images. "show my changes"

My question is: would this be useful to other people, or would it be another method/menu item that no one else uses? Should I push the change to the inbox?