[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] Maui 1.2 release 1

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Fri Jun 4 01:06:37 UTC 2010

Chris,

I love Maui!!  It's so cool :)  I will be using at as my default UI choice
for all my little utilities that don't warrant a revolutionary artistic UI.

I adapted MauiTextEditor to be a subclass of TextMorph for one of my own
projects.  It seems like this should be common enough to go into the Squeak
image, no?  I was thinking maybe put the "growable" code in a trait, so that
TextMorph, PluggableTextMorph, etc. could use it.  I tried to clean up
TextMorph directly, as your resizing seems like a much more rational default
than Squeak's vertical growth, but I was overwhelmed by the complexity.

Anyway, what do you think?

Thanks.
Sean