[squeak-dev] Re: OpenCL and OpenGL interop

Josh Gargus josh at schwa.ca
Tue Jun 8 05:59:40 UTC 2010

wglGetCurrentContext() does not create a context, it merely answers the context that was most recently made current.

Take a peek in sqWin32OpenGL.c in the B3DAcceleratorPlugin source code.  It's hiding a lot of tedious stuff; "creating a context" is about a lot more than wrapping a single API call.  The B3D plugin nicely abstracts this away so you can use the same setup code across platforms (and can also use Direct 3D as a backend, although Croquet-OpenGL doesn't use this).

Cheers,
Josh