[squeak-dev] SPiCE source code

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 08:04:05 UTC 2010

Rick,

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 7:38 PM, Rick Hedin <cubsno1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a new Squeaker, so I don't know if people even say "source code."

some do. :-)

> Microsoft's stuff expects a C dll.  I'd like to translate my Smalltalk
> program into C.

How do you approach the library dependencies? They have to be
addressed somehow - there are no Microsoft classes in Squeak, but in
the generated C code, you will need to attach to them if you want to
have a VS plugin.

> Is [SPiCE] available somewhere for me to use?

Not that I know; but you are right in that it seems to be the most
advanced ST2C implementation. It might be gone, though; the PhD
dissertation was submitted in 1996 IIRC.

Best,

Michael