[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Kernel-ar.461.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Tue Jun 15 05:08:44 UTC 2010

Andreas Raab uploaded a new version of Kernel to project The Trunk:

Name: Kernel-ar.461
Author: ar
Time: 14 June 2010, 10:07:55.827 pm
UUID: 86d9f9a3-3611-fa43-a6ec-dc6d3c69012a
Ancestors: Kernel-nice.460

Remove positively ancient j3 support that hasn't been used in too many years.

=============== Diff against Kernel-nice.460 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: ClassBuilder>>tooDangerousClasses (in category 'private') -----
  	"Return a list of class names which will not be modified in the public interface"
  		"Object will break immediately"
  		ProtoObject Object
  		"Contexts and their superclasses"
  		InstructionStream ContextPart BlockContext MethodContext BlockClosure
  		"Superclasses of basic collections"
  		Collection SequenceableCollection ArrayedCollection
  		"Collections known to the VM"
+ 		Array Bitmap String Symbol ByteArray CompiledMethod
- 		Array Bitmap String Symbol ByteArray CompiledMethod TranslatedMethod
  		"Basic Numbers"
  		Magnitude Number SmallInteger Float
  		"Misc other"
  		LookupKey Association Link Point Rectangle Behavior PositionableStream UndefinedObject

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: PseudoContext class>>contextCacheDepth (in category 'private') -----
- contextCacheDepth
- 	"Answer the number of entries in the context cache.  This requires a little insider
- 	knowledge.  Not intended for casual use, which is why it's private protocol."
- 	^self contextCacheDepth: thisContext yourself!

Item was removed:
- nil variableSubclass: #PseudoContext
- 	instanceVariableNames: 'fixed fields never accessed from smalltalk'
- 	classVariableNames: ''
- 	poolDictionaries: ''
- 	category: 'Kernel-Methods'!
- !PseudoContext commentStamp: '<historical>' prior: 0!
- I represent cached context state within the virtual machine.  I have the same format as normal method and block contexts, but my fields are never referenced directly from Smalltalk.  Whenever a message is sent to me I will magically transform myself into a real context which will respond to all the usual messages.
- 	I rely on the fact that block and method contexts have exactly the same number of fixed fields.!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: PseudoContext>>nextObject (in category 'system primitives') -----
- nextObject
- 	"See Object>>nextObject."
- 	<primitive: 139>
- 	self primitiveFailed.!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: PseudoContext class>>definition (in category 'filing out') -----
- definition
- 	"Our superclass is really nil, but this causes problems when we try to become compact
- 	after filing in for the first time.  Fake the superclass as Object, and repair the situation
- 	during class initialisation."
- 	| defn |
- 	defn := super definition.
- 	^(defn beginsWith: 'nil ')
- 		ifTrue: ['Object' , (defn copyFrom: 4 to: defn size)]
- 		ifFalse: [defn].!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: PseudoContext class>>initialize (in category 'class initialization') -----
- initialize
- 	"It's tricky to do the necessary stuff with the regular file-in machinery."
- 	PseudoContext superclass = nil
- 		ifFalse: [
- 			(Smalltalk confirm: 'Shall I convert PseudoContext into a compact subclass of nil?
- ("yes" is almost always the correct response)')
- 				ifTrue: [
- 					PseudoContext becomeCompact.
- 					PseudoContext superclass removeSubclass: PseudoContext.
- 					PseudoContext superclass: nil]].
- 	Smalltalk recreateSpecialObjectsArray.
- 	Smalltalk specialObjectsArray size = 56
- 		ifFalse: [self error: 'Please check size of special objects array!!']!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: PseudoContext>>isPseudoContext (in category 'testing') -----
- isPseudoContext
- 	^true!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: PseudoContext class>>contextCacheDepth: (in category 'private') -----
- contextCacheDepth: b
- 	^b isPseudoContext
- 		ifTrue: [1 + (self contextCacheDepth: b)]
- 		ifFalse: [1]!