[squeak-dev] [ANN] Metacello 1.0-beta.27

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Tue Jun 15 22:54:07 UTC 2010

With the recent rash of SqueakSource/GemSource server downtime, I've
bitten the bullet and updated the bootstrap process for Metacello to
automatically switch to a secondary repository if the primary repository
is not available.

I also recommend that if you are maintaining a Metacello configuration
that you update the class-side #ensureMetacello method for your
configuration to use the primary and secondary repositories for loading
the ConfigurationOfMetacello. A new version of the #ensureMetacello
method can be found here (I've also updated the config template):

   http://code.google.com/p/metacello/wiki/EnsureMetacello

If you are interested in using redundant repositories in your own
Metacello project then you should take a look at this post:

http://gemstonesoup.wordpress.com/2010/06/15/metacello-1-0-beta-27-unfurled/

as it describes the steps that you should follow.

Dale