[squeak-dev] Sketchpad? (off-topic)

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 19:44:01 UTC 2010

Apologies for the off-topic question, but does anyone know if the actual bits for Sketchpad are still extant somewhere? Is there any documentation that anyone has for the Lincoln TX-2? It'd sure be neat to emulate it.

Someone was asking me about object oriented programming with a head full of Java yesterday and I wanted to point at some things. Recently I had a really great experience using an Apple IIgs emulator to explain HyperCard (kind of an odd version, but it worked,) and it dawned on me that if we wanted to learn history by doing, we really ought to grab at whatever bits are out there and curate the damned things.

And: selfish childish desire to play with Sketchpad!