[squeak-dev] Re: Performance (Re: Teleplace Cog VMs are now available)

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire.fernandes at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 15:36:50 UTC 2010

Andreas Raab a écrit :

> The latter. You should expect a 2-3x performance improvement in pretty
> much any kind of code (more towards 2x when running primitive and I/O
> bound stuff; more torwards 3x when running "pure" Smalltalk code).

I tested it with a DrGeoII programmed interactive sketch. The
instantiation time of a recursive morph canvas (about 320 morphs) was
boosted by a factor of ~300%:

[Carre new] timeToRun

CogVM: 750
SqueakVM: 2200

I seem to have an issue in the new image with the method
Point>>onLineFrom:to:within:

Alway return false in some circumstance. Need to find more.

Hilaire