[squeak-dev] SystemWindow resizing

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Jun 24 17:31:25 UTC 2010

On 24.06.2010, at 17:55, Cédrick Béler wrote:

>> Ideally, I'd like the resize to happen while the upper left corner doesn't move (now this is symetrical)
>
> actually, this was your first implementation Morphic-bf.448.
> I think I prefer this way.

Well I tried it with other objects than system windows and those feel much more natural to grow in all directions. And a centered grow mechanism was missing all along. For the regular resize you always have the yellow handle in the lower right corner.

Also, I hope to eventually replace the control-key with a gesture - like "pinching" on a multi-touch screen or trackpad. There, the centered resize feels way more natural.

- Bert -