[squeak-dev] stream>>#nextPutAll:changed toreturn collectioninstead of the stream?

C. David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Mon Jun 28 05:23:55 UTC 2010

> That's awesome to hear!  What are you doing with it?  Squeak to squeak
> or squeak to the world?  What kind of application?  Please tell me
> about it!

We talk to Google Docs via the various APIs (DocumentsList, Spreadsheets
and a couple others) over https.  I believe that my AmazonAWS code also
uses https.  For a while we were also talking to an IBM Jazz server over
SSL but that project was put on the back burner.  I have a custom

> I don't know the state of the Squeak web browser.  It is a real shame
> that someone didn't pick up alternative work that was done.  I was
> thinking a JavaScript interpreter would be cool to have and then why
> not turn Squeak into a browser, a la Chrome.

:-)  I think there is a nearly complete Javascript interpreter for
Smalltalk somewhere.  Still, a decent web browser is hard to do.  I've
seen several attempts in various Smalltalks and most are slow and render
poorly (under Linux anyway).

David