[squeak-dev] Re: Cryptography

Rob Withers reefedjib at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 30 02:36:44 UTC 2010

Hi David,

I am CCing the squeak-dev list.

I had tried to contact Ron over the weekend, since he is the admin for the
SqueakSource Cryptography package.  I needed to add you as a member of the
Crypto team.   That's right, you are a member now.  I didn't hear from him
so the email address may be bad.   We'll see if we hear from him in the
future.  I hope so.

Do you have the link to the Crypto mailing list?

I agree we should do this in public.  I would suggest the squeak-dev list.

We may have several "forks" and/or subsequent work done from the root
package.

The root package for SSL is in the Monticello repository
http://www.squeaksource.com/Cryptography, but it may not be the latest.  I
think that the SSL package there is the latest...Whoa!  I just checked again
and new SSL packages were inserted 2 days ago.  The latest there used to be
SSL-rww.4.mcz and now there is a SSL-jrd.12.mcz.

The root package for Cryptography is in the same repository, but it is less
clear which is the latest and greatest.  There is a mixture of version
numbers.  I am using Cryptography-cmm.13.mcz.   All tests pass except for a
Rindael test and an X509 test (due to bad validity dates).

I know there is packages in
http://croquet-src-01.oit.duke.edu:8886/Contributions.   SSL look like the
ones now in the Cryptography repository above.   The Cryptography packages
in Contributions look like they are also in the Cryptography repository, but
mixed up with other work.  In Contributions, there is the sequence of
packages:

Cryptography-RJT.10.mcz (the root package)
Cryptography-jrd.11.mcz
Cryptography-jrd.12.mcz
Cryptography-mtf.13.mcz

These are interwoven with other packages in the Cryptography repository,
with the same version numbers.

Lastly, David, it sounded like you have developments that you wanted to
integrate.

Cheers,
Rob