[squeak-dev] IMPORTANT: Election candidates!

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Mar 1 11:14:48 UTC 2010

On 01.03.2010, at 11:52, Göran Krampe wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> As you know we have an ongoing campaigning period for the Election 2010 that ends on the 3rd of march!
>
> This means time is short and AFAIK (unless I missed someone, please tell me) we have 6 candidates for 7 seats!
>
> Unless we get more than 7 candidates there are three scenarios:
>
> - Go through with the election process (to see how they rate against each other) anyway. Kinda pointless.
>
> - Skip the rest of the election and just take the 6 we have!
>
> - Lower the number of seats in the board and go through with the election.
>
> ...ehm, or something else really clever. :)
>
> Now, people - please step forward as candidates or please express your feelings about my thoughts above.
>
> regards, Göran

I nominate Michael Haupt.

He is bringing new blood to Squeak - his students at the U of Potsdam worked on SqueakSVN, NXTalk, or PhidgetLab (won an ESUG Innovation award). More projects here
http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/projects/
Because of introducing new programmers to Squeak he also has an eye towards making it more accessible. For example, he co-wrote “An Introduction to Seaside”.
And I like his few but thoughtful messages on squeak-dev :)

- Bert -